POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b Server Time
2 Aug 2024 16:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 5b
From: Stephen
Date: 27 May 2007 08:39:07
Message: <0aui53drmj8gbed77karjfo195joeug01m@4ax.com>
On Sun, 27 May 2007 11:42:34 +0200, "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet>
wrote:

>Now, my friends, compare this image with the preceding one in Take 5. Very
>similar? Not so! (forget about the red walls. They here for fun only)
>
>From top to bottom:
>- The hat has been uv mapped and seamed properly.

It fits better as well.

>- The t-shirt: I exported the conforming t-shirt to Silo (had to do it
>through Poseray for some reason), combined all the meshes, merged the
>ovelapping vertices, corrected some wrong geometry, exported again to a
>.obj, and imported it in Poser where I made it a dynamic cloth in the Cloth
>Room. Look how the cloth falls much more naturally about the figure!!

Much better

>- The pantaloon: I added seams at the base of the trousers, thus correcting
>greatly the stretching of the map.

Good but there is a bit of a pinch at the turn. Sorry :-)

>Note: Stephen mentioned end-caps when exporting the conforming clothes. I
>think this is due to problems with the Wings3D import (I experienced that
>also on other mesh imports).

I thought that it was the Poser export, I'm sure I saw them in PoseRay.

> End-caps do not happen in Silo, nor will they
>happen I believe in Blender.

Interesting, I used an old copy of Max.

>Note however, that the exported object may have
>numerous wrong faces (invisible in fact) so do not subdivide the mesh
>further or you will have to correct them.

Which export, from Poser or the modeller?

Regards
	Stephen